We are working on a more detailed knife care article, but until it is completed, below are some simple suggestions and a couple of links to products that will help you to maintain your knife.
- Remember that Dendritic Steel and Dendritic Cobalt do not need sharpening very often and that it takes very little to achieve a razor edge. Use a medium Arkansas stone or the coarse stones on the Spyderco set shown below. Do not over-sharpen.
- Never use an electric knife sharpener.
- Cut only on wood surfaces - not glass, china, or plastic.
- Keep your knife clean and dry.
- Never put your knife in the dishwasher or let it soak in water.
- Scotchbrite or other abrasive cleaners will scratch the blade and polish off the etched surface, including the design.
- Do not torque or pry with your knife.
Boos Board Cream for Handle Maintenance and Restoration.
Boos Board Cream
Spyderco Triangle Sharpmaker Set ~ Use Coarse Stones Only for Dendritic Steel and Cobalt.
Comes with an instructional DVD.
Spyderco Triangle Sharpmaker Set
More Coming Soon...